This recipe is Gluten Free and cows milk free. If Soya yoghurt is used it could be dairy free.
1.5Kg (3lb) Mixed vegetables of your choice.
1 lemon (Halved)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1.5 ml (quarter tsp) chilli powder
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
1.5 ml (quarter tsp) ground turmeric
2.5 ml (.5 tsp) ground ginger
150 ml (5 fl oz) natural sheep or Soya yoghurt
45 ml (3 tbs) vegetable oil
1 onion sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
50g (2oz) creamed coconut
150 ml (5fl oz) warm water
1 dessertspoon of corn flour mixed with 10 ml water
1. Fry the vegetables in the oil, salt and juice from the lemon.
2. Mix the chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger and black pepper
into the yoghurt and pour over the vegetable pieces.
3. Heat some oil in a second saucepan; add the onion and garlic and fry gently for three minutes until the onion has softened.
4. Add the vegetables to the pan with the yoghurt marinade. Mix the creamed coconut with the water and stir into the pan. Cover and simmer for an hour till the vegetables are cooked.
5. At this stage, add the pre-dissolved corn flour to the bubbling mixture and stir. This will thicken the sauce.
Serve with rice.
Normally I wouldn’t use or suggest lemon juice or chilli to a person with Crohn’s disease but as this recipe only uses small amounts it should be fine.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347