Normally, toffee has a dairy fat incorporated into the mixture. In this recipe we have substituted the butter for dairy free margarine. It is gluten and wheat free also.
225g (8oz) Brown Sugar
1. In a large pan, boil the sugar, treacle and vinegar. Stir all the time with a wooden spoon.
2. Using a food thermometer, boil till it gets to 140C.
3. Take off the heat and then stir in the margarine, bit by bit.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased tray to cool.
5. Break into small squares when set.
6. Store in the fridge.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347