This batter can be used for fish, vegetables and meat to name a few.
It is totally wheat, dairy and gluten free.
50g (2oz) Cornflour
75g (3oz) Rice flour
Half a teaspoon of Xanthan gum
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
240ml (8Fl oz) Ice cold carbonated water.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place the beaten egg and water in a measuring jug. Mix.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bit by bit. Stir well till it becomes a thin batter.
4. Dip the food to be battered into seasoned flour and then into the batter.
5. Deep fry in hot oil (190C, 375F), for 3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Serve immediately.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347