This pastry tastes excellent but is not suitable for large pies/flans. If it is rolled out between two sheets of snap wrap, it is perfect for small items i.e.; jam tarts.
It is dairy, wheat and gluten free.
75g (3oz) Gluten free flour mix
100g (4oz) Rice flour
Half a level teaspoon of salt
1 egg yolk
125g (5oz) Dairy free block margarine
1 teaspoon of Xanthan gum
1 dessertspoon of caster sugar
3 tablespoons of cold water
1. Sift flours, Xanthan gum, sugar and salt into a bowl.
2. Rub butter into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Mix in the egg yolk and water. Form a dough.
4. Roll out in between two sheets of snap wrap.
5. Cut and bake as intended. (Gas Mark 6, 200C)
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347