This meal is suitable for vegans and those on a dairy and wheat free diet. Check that the meat substitute is of mushroom origin, not wheat.
4 medium potatoes
200g (8oz) minced Quorn
1 small onion
1 tablespoon of dairy free margarine
25ml of Provamel Unsweetened Soya Milk
1 Teaspoon of parsley
1 Tablespoon of oil
300ml cold water
1 Tablespoon of Bisto Gravy powder
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 200C, Gas mark 6.
2. Peel and dice potatoes. Boil in a pan of salted water for 15minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop the onion and carrot finely.
4. Fry the carrot for 2 minutes, then add the onion. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the Quorn mince to the onion and carrot. Fry for one minute.
6. Remove the pan from the light.
7. Mix the cold water and the Bisto powder in a measuring jug. Then pour it over the vegetable and Quorn mixture. Add the parsley and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Return to the light until the gravy starts to thicken. Then pour the mixture into an oven proof dish.
8. By this point, the potatoes should be ready for mashing. Drain the potatoes and add the Provamel Soya milk and dairy free margarine. Mash until light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt and spread over the Quorn and vegetable mix.
9. Bake in the oven for 25minutes.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347