This cake recipe is an excellent replacement for Xmas cake and wedding cakes. It doesn’t contain any gluten, wheat, nuts or dairy products.
125g (5oz) Dairy Free Margarine
125g (5oz) Brown Sugar
500g (1lb) Mixed dried fruit
25g (1oz) Glace Cherries
100g (4oz) Rice flour
100g (4oz) Gluten Free Flour
1 Heaped teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of mixed spice
1. Prepare a 2lb cake tin and light the oven to 150C, Gas Mark 2.
2. Cream together the margarine and sugar.
3. Add the eggs one by one.
4. Add the flours and mix till smooth.
5. Add the mixed spice, dried fruit and glace cherries. Stir until evenly mixed. Then add the baking powder. Mix again.
6. Pour into the cake tin and bake for three hours.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347