This recipe is dairy free and gluten free. It should not be eaten regularly by people suffering from stomach disorders such as IBS or Crohn’s as the sauce is rather acidic due to the amount of tomato, garlic and onion.
450g (1lb) of chicken breast. (Cubed)
3 garlic cloves
One teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger (powder can be used)
75g (3oz) Tinned tomato
1 Dessertspoon of tomato puree
Half a teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of oil
150g (6oz) onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of chilli powder (mild)
1 Heaped teaspoon of coriander
Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
Half a teaspoon of Garam Masala powder
200ml of chicken stock
1. Make up the chicken stock and set to one side.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and then add the onions. Fry until lightly browned. Add the chilli powder. Stir into the onion and then take off the heat.
3. Add the coriander, garam masala and the turmeric.
4. Sauté for one minute.
5. Add the chicken and salt to the pan of spices and cook until white all the way through.
6. Then add the garlic, ginger, tinned tomato, tomato puree and cumin seed to the mixture. Stir well.
7. Put the entire curry into an oven proof dish and add the chicken stock. Cook in a preheated oven for one hour until the chicken is tender. (Gas mark 4, 180C)
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347