This dish incorporates an unusual blend of apricots and orange with savoury foods. It is gluten, Dairy and wheat free.
50g (2oz) dried apricots
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
500g (1lb) cubed lamb
Half a teaspoon of ground cumin
Half a teaspoon of ground coriander
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Juice of an orange
1 dessertspoon of ground almonds
300ml of chicken stock (using organic stock cube)
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of cornflour mixed with two tablespoons of cold water.
1. Cut the apricots in half and leave to soak in 150ml (quarter of a pint) of boiling water.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
3. Heat the oil in a casserole dish and fry the onion. Stir in the lamb.
4. Add the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
5. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
6. Add the apricots and their soaking liquid, the orange juice, ground almonds and stock.
7. Cover the casserole dish and place in the oven for one and a half hours.
8. Alternatively, one can cook this dish in a pressure cooker – 20 minutes on high pressure.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347