This simple, quick recipe is suitable for those who are unable to have dairy and wheat and gluten.
100g (4oz) ground almonds
175g (6oz) caster sugar
2 egg whites
1 level tablespoon of corn flour
Quarter of a teaspoon of vanilla essence
24 halved blanched almonds
1. Line two large baking trays.
2. Light the oven at 190C, Gas mark 5.
3. Mix the ground almonds with the sugar and add the unbeaten egg whites setting one tablespoon aside.
4. Stir in the corn flour and essence.
5. Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and spread evenly on a baking tray. (Leave space for them to spread out)
6. Put half an almond on each one and then brush with the remainder of the egg white.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Macaroons will go hard when cool.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347