The Tailormade Diet Company has two recipes for Lemon Meringue Pie. One with a biscuit base, and one with a pastry base. This pastry base recipe is the easier one! It is totally gluten, wheat and dairy free.
1. Make up the pastry using the rubbing in method.
2. Roll out the pastry in between two sheets of cling film.
3. Line a 23cm / 9" Flan dish.
4. Part bake for ten minutes in a preheated oven (200C / GM6)
5. After the ten minutes is complete, remove the flan dish from the oven and turn the oven down to 170C/ GM3.
6. To make the filling, put the lemon zest and juice into a bowl, blend in the cornflour.
7. In a medium saucepan, bring 300ml of water to the boil. Pour in the cornflour mixture.
8. Simmer till thick.
9. Remove from the heat and add the egg yolks and sugar. Return to the heat and cook for a further minute. Then add to the pastry base.
10. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the caster sugar tablespoon at a time.
11. Spoon over the lemon filling and bake for 30minutes.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347