This cake is gluten and dairy free.
50g (2oz) Dairy free margarine
325g (12oz) caster sugar
125g (4.5oz) gluten free flour
125g (4.5oz) rice flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
100ml (4 fl oz) Provamel Soya milk
30ml (2tbsp) plain Provamel Yofu Soya yoghurt
1. Grate the rind off one lemon. Lightly grease and line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) Gas Mark 4.
2. Soften butter in a microwave for 10 seconds. Add the lemon rind, 200g (7oz) of the sugar, the flour, the baking powder, milk, egg, yoghurt and beat till smooth.
3. Turn the mixture into the tin and level the top. Bake in the oven for one hour. Cool for ten minutes.
4. Squeeze the juice from the rind less lemon and one more lemon. Place juice in a pan with the remaining sugar(5oz) and 150ml (quarter of a pint) of water. Bubble for 4-5 minutes until syrupy.
5. Loosen the cake from the tin.
6. Pierce the cake in several places and spoon over the syrup.
7. Leave till cold.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347