225g (8oz) Sugar
1. Place the sugar, water, golden syrup and cream of tartar into a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat gently until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Boil the mixture without stirring, to a temperature of 154°C (310°F).
3. Remove from the heat to prevent further cooking.
4. Quickly mix the bicarbonate of soda with the warm water and add to the sugar mixture, stirring gently.
5. Pour the mixture into a 18cm by 28cm (7inch by 11 inch) non-stick baking tray to a depth of at least 2.5cm (1 inch).
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes before marking into bars or squares.
7. Eat as soon as cool, as if kept it becomes soft and sticky.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347