An unusual recipe which incorporates tea into the mixture. Its very low in fat, but still high in calories due to all the sugar/
It is wheat, gluten and dairy free.
175g (7oz) dried fruit of choice
6 fl oz of strong de-caf tea.
75g (3oz) Gluten free flour
75g (3oz) Rice flour
25g (1oz) dairy free margarine
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 medium egg
Quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
110g (4.5 oz) of brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 190C
2. Prepare a 1lb loaf tin
3. Put the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
4. Put the fruit, margarine and tea into a pan. Bring to the boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add the egg.
7. Pour the whole mixture into the baking tin.
8. Bake for 1 hour. Cover the top of the cake for the last 15 minutes to stop it from burning. (use foil for this)
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347