This recipe can be cooked on a griddle or a heavy based frying pan. It is dairy free, gluten free and wheat free. (Makes 12)
75g (3oz) Rice Flour
75g (3oz) Gluten Free Flour Mix
Half a level teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
1 level teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
50g (2oz) Castor Sugar
2 Tablespoons of oil
4 tablespoons of Provamel unsweetened Soya Milk
1. Grease the griddle or pan lightly.
2. Sift the flours, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar into a bowl, stir in sugar.
3. Make a well in the centre of the mix and then add the egg, oil and milk.
4. Heat the pan on a moderate heat.
5. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the pan. Allow room for the scones to spread slightly.
6. Cook until bubbles have risen to the surface and burst, turn over, press down lightly and cook until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with a dairy free spread.
This recipe can also be adapted with lemon/orange zest or 50g (2oz) of sultanas.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347