This is a filling main course meal, which contains no wheat, gluten or dairy. If a person can tolerate dairy, they should add one ounce, 25 grams of finely grated Pecorino (sheep’s) cheese to the pastry as it improves flavour.
1. Heat the oven at 200C, gas mark 6.
2. Put all the filling ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. The gravy should thicken as it heats.
4. Pour the filling into an oven proof pie dish.
5. Meanwhile make up the pastry and roll out the required size. (Roll out between two sheets of cling film.)
6. Place the sheet of pastry over the pie dish. Seal the edges with a fork.
7. Make a hole in the middle and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347