This is a rich cake that is suitable for those needing a gluten, dairy and wheat free diet.
90g (3.5oz) Sultanas
60g (2.5oz) Brown sugar
3 Tablespoons of Honey
90g (3.5oz) Finely grated carrot
1 teaspoon of mixed spice
60g (2.5oz) Dairy Free Margarine
75ml of water
1 small egg (Beaten)
125g (5oz) Rice Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking powder
1. Grease and line a shallow 8" baking tin
2. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180C.
3. Place sultanas, honey, sugar, carrot, mixed spice, margarine and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
4. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
5. Leave to cool.
6. Stir the egg, flour and baking powder into the mixture.
7. Turn into the tin and bake for one hour.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347