This product is gluten and dairy free.
75g (3oz) dairy free margarine
200g (7oz) Demerara sugar
175g (6oz) ground rice
2 eggs beaten
pinch of salt
1-2 drops of vanilla essence
75g (3oz) desiccated coconut
75g (3oz) hazelnuts, chopped
45ml (3tbsp) raspberry jam + plus extra for brushing.
1. Grease a 28x18cm (11x7 inch) shallow cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream together the margarine and 75g (3oz) of the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in 150g (5oz) of the ground rice.
4. Spread the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
5. Mix together the eggs, remaining sugar and rice, salt, vanilla essence, coconut and hazelnuts.
6. Cover the baked cake with the jam, then spoon over the egg mixture. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Leave to cool and then brush with a little warmed jam. Cut into squares. Leave in the tin to cool completely before serving.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347