Although rather high in fat, these are a delicious tea time snack and take
little time to make. They are gluten, wheat and dairy free.
25g (1oz) Dairy
125g (5oz) desiccated coconut
125g (5oz) Caster sugar
2 drops of vanilla essence
2 medium sized egg whites.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment.
3. Melt the dairy free margarine in a saucepan. Mix all the remaining
ingredients together with the margarine and stir well for 4 minutes.
4. Using 5ml spoons place 2 x 5ml spoons of the mixture on top of each other on
the baking parchment.
5. Make 15 other coconut mounds as above.
6. Place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven using oven gloves, turn the
oven off and let the macaroons cool down for 15 minutes.
8. To remove the macaroons use a butter knife to gently slide under the
macaroons to separate them from the baking parchment.