This recipe is Gluten Free and cows milk free. If Soya yoghurt is used it could be dairy free.
1.5Kg (3lb) Chicken
1 lemon (Halved)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1.5 ml (quarter tsp) chilli powder
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
1.5 ml (quarter tsp) ground turmeric
2.5 ml (.5 tsp) ground ginger
150 ml (5 fl oz) natural sheep’s yoghurt, or Yofu by Provamel
45 ml (3 tbs) vegetable oil
1 onion sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
50g (2oz) creamed coconut
150 ml (5fl oz) warm water
1 dessertspoon of corn flour mixed with 10 ml water
1. Remove the skin from the chicken, cut into cubes.
2. Rub the lemon and salt into the chicken.
3. Mix the chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger and black pepper into the yoghurt and pour over the chicken pieces.
4. Leave to marinate for 1-2 hours.
5. Melt the oil in a large saucepan; add the onion and garlic and fry gently for three minutes until the onion has softened.
6. Add the chicken to the pan with the yoghurt marinade. Mix the creamed coconut with the water and stir into the pan. Cover and simmer for an hour till the chicken is cooked.
7. At this stage, add the pre-dissolved corn flour to the bubbling mixture and stir. This will thicken the sauce.
8. Serve with rice.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347