This simple recipe is gluten, dairy and wheat free. We used an organic stock so itís also free from MSG.
450g (1lb) of chicken joints
25g (1oz) of Rice flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
100g (4oz) onion (chopped)
100g (4oz) carrot (chopped)
100g (4oz) turnip (chopped)
200g (8oz) mushrooms (chopped)
400g (14 oz) tin of tomatoes
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
25g (1oz) of lentils
1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
Half a pint / 300ml of chicken stock.
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and fry the vegetables and garlic for five minutes.
2. Add the salt and pepper to the flour and roll the chicken in it.
3. In a separate frying pan fry the chicken till it is browned. (Use the olive oil)
4. Place the chicken into the casserole dish and add the stock, lentils, herbs, salt, pepper and tomatoes. Then stir.
5. Cover the casserole dish and bake in a preheated oven (Gas mark 5, 190C) for half an hour. Then turn down the oven to Gas mark 2, 150C and cook for a further hour.
6. To save time you can also cook this dish in a pressure cooker for 30mins on high pressure.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347