A filling main course meal which is without gluten, dairy and wheat.
skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of non dairy margarine
200g (8oz) chopped onions
100g (4oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons paprika,
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 heaped tablespoon rice flour
175ml of Soya milk (unsweetened by Provamel)
100ml Soya Dream cream by Provamel
1.Season the chicken with the garlic and set aside.
2. Prepare a large frying pan with non-stick pan spray. Add the margarine and
cook the onions and mushrooms over medium-high heat about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Push the onions to one side and brown the chicken breasts
about 3 minutes per side.
4. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice, paprika, salt and
5. Cover tightly and cook over low heat until the chicken is
tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
6. Make the sauce by sprinkling the flour over the onions and mushrooms; stir
and cook about 1 minute. Add the milk and stir and simmer until thickened.
7. Stir in the Soya Dream cream. Taste and add more paprika if desired. Add the
chicken and heat through. Do not boil.