This is an excellent recipe for those who are not intolerant to chocolate. It is gluten, wheat and dairy free.
75g (3oz) plain dairy free chocolate (broken into squares)
150ml (quarter of a pint) unsweetened Provamel Soya milk
175g (6oz) dairy free margarine
250g (9oz) light brown sugar
250g (9oz) Rice flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
75ml (5 tablespoons of Provamel Soya Dream)
60ml (4 tablespoons) jam for the filing.
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, 190 C.
2. Put baking parchment in two sandwich tins, (22cm)
3. Melt the chocolate with the Soya milk over a medium heat.
4. In a bowl, cream the butter with the sugar.
5. Add the eggs. Beat well after each one.
6. Mix in the flour and the baking powder.
7. Lastly, stir in the chocolate mixture and the Soya Dream.
8. Divide the mix between the two tins. Bake for 40 minutes.
9. Cool for ten minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
10. Sandwich the two cakes together with the jam filling.
11. Cool thoroughly and serve!
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347