This recipe uses our gluten free pastry method which is excellent. It is gluten, wheat and dairy free. Any fruit can be used instead of apple.
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200C.
2. Make pastry by rubbing the fat into the flours. Add the Xanthan gum and sugar. Then add enough water till it forms a ball of dough.
3. Divide the pastry into two and then roll out one half between two pieces of cling film.
4. Put a layer of pastry over the bottom of a 16cm pie plate.
5. Peel, core and chop the apples. Put apple pieces into the pastry base. Add the sugar and mixed spice.
6. Wet the edges of the pastry and then roll out the second half of the dough between the two pieces of cling film.
7. Secure the lid onto the base with a fork or fingers.
8. Make a hole in the top layer of pastry to let the steam out.
9. Brush with Soya milk and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347