This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. It is also a good source of dietary fibre.
85g / 3oz of dairy free margarine
100g / 4oz soft brown sugar
45g / 2oz sultanas
175g / 7oz dried apricots (chopped)
85g / 3oz honey
175g / 7oz porridge oats
50g / 2oz chopped nuts
25g / 2oz ground almonds
1. Melt the margarine and honey in a pan and stir in the sugar.
2. Cook over a low heat for five minutes, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time until the sauce is thickened into a smooth caramel sauce.
4. Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl and pour over the sauce.
5. Mix together until well combined.
6. Press into a lined, greased, baking tin (9"square) press down well with wet fingers.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, 190 C Gas Mark 5.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347