This cake is a good substitute for chocolate cake. It is chocolate, gluten and dairy free.
225g (8oz) Gluten free flour
5ml (1tsp) Bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
50g (2oz) Carob Powder
150g (5 oz) Dairy free margarine
350g (12 oz) caster sugar
250 ml (8 Fl oz) Provamel Soya milk
3 Tablespoons of apricot jam.
1. Grease and line two Victoria sandwich tins. Light the oven – 180 C Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light. Add the eggs one at a time.
3. Beat in the flour and then the carob powder.
4. Then carefully add the milk bit by bit.
5. Pour equally into the two tins and bake for 25 minutes.
6. When ready, remove from the tins and spread the apricot jam over one of the cakes. Then place the remaining cake on top of the other.
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347