This product has no wheat or cows milk. Soya cheese could be used to make it dairy free.
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 200C.
2. Start recipe by making the pancakes. Gradually mix the Soya milk into the rice four.
3. Add the eggs bit by bit. Add the salt. Beat well.
4. Add the oil to a frying pan. Heat. Add three tablespoons of the batter, fry each side for two minutes (until slightly golden). Use up all the batter in the same way.
5. Put the cooked pancakes on a plate to be used later.
6. To make the meat filling, first heat the oil in a sauce pan, then fry the onions and garlic.
7. Add the mince. If you are using red meat, fry till brown, otherwise flash fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add the tomato puree, salt, drained tinned tomatoes, pepper and spinach.
9. Simmer for two minutes. (Shouldn’t be too runny!)
10. To make the cheese sauce, mix all the ingredients into a small pan and stir off the light. When all the corn flour has dissolved, heat until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat straight away.
11. When ready to assemble the product, roll three tablespoons of the meat sauce into each pancake and place in an oven proof dish.
12. Finally pour the cheese sauce over the stuffed pancakes and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
(NB. If you are using sheep’s/goats cheese rather than Soya cheese, then it is effective to sprinkle grated cheese on top of the cannelloni before you bake it).
For more information go to
Contact Us, or send
or call us on +44 (0) 7961 434347